(Supplies from the Picnic Basket kit, except for a piece of white cardstock that has been die cut.)
When Noel (from Noel Mignon) first told us about the Matt challenge, I was totally pumped.
I have watched this video LOADS of times now, and it took me a while to figure out which direction I wanted to go with my layout... I felt like there were so many ideas that you could take from this video.
You should watch the video even if you're not a scrapper- it makes me cry a little. It's got great music, too.
I used a scene in the video where Matt is in Argentina, and there is this gorgeous building behind him that is painted all these different, vivid colors. I loved the patchwork feel to it, and I felt like it supported my theme of the variety of places that life can take us.
My theme for the layout obviously is a jumping off point from the video to all the places and roles in life we can end up in... it ended up being a really meaningful layout for me.
Thanks for the challenge, Noel! I loved it!
In other news, I was just awarded this by Michelle Lanning:
She said that my creations always remind her of home! How sweet is that! It's one of the best compliments I could receive. :)
So here's the dealio- I need to give it out to some peeps. Here's the rules:
Who gets the “Brilliante Webblog Award“?
Websites and blogs of your choice for their designs that are especially noteworthy.
1. The winner can take the logo
2. Place a link to the person that sent you the award
3. Give the Award to at least 7 other Scrapbooking-Blogs, which by its currency,the issues of choice and for their designs are especially noteworthy
4. Put a link to these sites on your Blog.
5. Write a comment on their Blogs that they’ve won an Award.
(Here are my choices):
1.GMac- because she is not only an inspiring scrapbooker, she is just one cool chick. And she likes Totino's pizzas. And she was a finalist for Scrapbooker of the Year. And because she is a Fashionista. And because everything this girl touches with scrapping turns to gold. ;)
2. Katie- because her work always has some sort of ingenuous detailing, like beading or lines of dots or sewing, and it makes you think, "Why didn't I think of that?!" and because her son and Emerson will probably end up married. ;) Oh and because how many weeks is she going to be in the top 10 at Scrapbooks etc.?? ;)
3. Deanna- because she is my scrappy hero- I mean, published on the first try?! Woohoo! Her designs are always so cleanly designed and yet have a lot of layering.
4. Jana- even though she's already received this award, I have to do it again because my lands... her work is freaking amazing. I always open up her layouts in a bigger image so I can take it all in. SO much detailing.
5. Lisa- because she's started up a very cool scrap exchange blog that y'all need to check out! And because she has been rocking the designs lately!
6. B- Because you can clearly see in her work how much she loves her family. This girl also rocks the ideas on scrapbooking- she knows anything about everything- this girl is in the KNOW about stuff!
7. Mandy- Because 1. Her blog is hilarious, 2. Her designs are very fresh and hip, 3. She's the real deal, 4. She has cool shoes.
I had to add an 8th one.. I mean- really. Why not.
8. Lucy- I mean, where do I begin? Because she puts fabric in the Scripts kits, because she has fabulous taste, because her layouts make me think of chic fashion, because she made a mini album out of a MM Noteworthy spiral bound notebook, because she didn't have a perm and a crocheted vest on the first time we met her, because she has so many cool ideas for Scrap Etc., and because she is a friend.
I love all you gals so much! Thank you for sharing your work!