1.12.2013

Subway Art and Bathroom Painting

I've been in project mode around the house lately. Reorganizing, decluttering... making the hosue "breathable" again.

I found a great, already-wrapped-in-burlap-and-framed cork board at the thrift store last weekend. I'd been planning on doing something like this anyways, so it was such a score. It's perfect for my necklace collection! I also got a paper towel holder for my bracelets, and moved all my jewelry from my bathroom to my bedroom. I love how it adds some functional decor to our room.


I also decided on a whim to paint the bathroom. It's never been painted and always just kind of been "blah." Since there are 6 of us and one bathroom, it definitely needed un-blahing! 

Painting a room with littles running about means stopping often, washing clothes that got paint on them, giving snacks, stopping for hugs, and imperfect paint jobs. I'm ok with that. I figure painted imperfectly is better than unpainted ugly. 


 I added a candle in a sparkly jar on top of the shelving unit after I took this pic for a final touch. 


This mirror was gold and has a hidden medicine cabinet behind it. It had already gotten paint on it from the previous owner so it was particularly glamorous. I like the white shabby look much better! 

I created some new artwork for the bathroom with the NoelMignon Sweet Shoppe kit (still available!


The subway art is inspired by this one but I made a few of my own changes to it to fit our family better. If you'd like a copy of mine, let me know and I'll email it to you! :)




3 comments:

  1. Looks great, girl! And you are so right - better to be imperfectly cute that perfectly ugly!!
    Hugs,
    Britt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with your bathroom. Can you email me that subway art? You know I love Virginia Tillery originals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job - so good that you did it anyway even w/all the interruptions! Congratulations - inspired me, and I don't have any excuses?!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin