2.27.2012

Reading

I've always loved a good book. My favorites are fairytales. Fantasies. Science Fiction. 

Take me to another world and let me escape my own for a wee bit of time. 

Help me to look at things in my own world with fresh eyes. 

Open my eyes to believe in that which I cannot see. Teach my heart to trust in that which doesn't make sense to my mind all of the time. 

Books are such a great, safe place to be able to figure out the world. My two oldest are right on the verge of being able to fully jump into reading chapter books on their own and I can't wait for the discoveries they will make! 

This is what I'm currently reading. It's beautifully written. 


I loved this particular part, perhaps because it seems to ring so true of our lives:

"There must be blood," the girl thought. "There must always be blood. The Green Wind said that, so it must be true. It will all be hard and bloody, but there will be wonders, too, or else why bring me here at all? And it's the wonders I'm after, even if I have to bleed for them." 

(p. 36, The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In a Ship of Her Own Making 
by Catherynne M. Valente)

(look me up on GoodReads and add me so we can share books!) 






1 comment:

  1. VIRGINIA!!!! I am yelling at you because I am reading this out loud to the girls RIGHT NOW!!!!!
    We all love it oodles :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin