2.01.2011

Kitch- Girls' Paperie (CHA-W 2011 Projects)

I've had this idea in my head for a little while of a cute, whimsical "rainbrella" (as my kids call them) canvas to hang in our foyer with our rainboots & umbrellas. The new Kitch line from Girls' Paperie was exactly what I wanted to create it!
I free-handed the design and pieced it together on the canvas. I added some of Margie's fabulous variety of brads on there as a quirky addition to the raindrops. Plenty of Stickles add some more sparkle, and this quote by Langston Hughes was the final touch. I loved that some of the word stickers from the Kitch Sticker Market booklet fit perfectly in with the quote.

And since I was in the mindset of rain, I pulled out these pics from last spring and put them on a layout. I like that the Kitch line has enough primary colors & basic designs that I can use it for Atticus too, without it being overtly girly.





5 comments:

  1. What a lovely 'rainbrella' canvas!! It really turned out great. Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i didn't know that umbrella canvas was yours! i saw it in a picture from CHA somewhere and thought, "oh that is dang cute!" i didn't even know it was in Margie's both or anything. ha!! and you made it!! FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and of course i love the layout too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog so I have tagged you on my blog and awarded you the Stylish Blogger. Come check it out! http://stampinwithmimi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You knocked it out of the park with your CHA projects, V! Just beautiful, beautiful, shabby work! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin