6.17.2009

Of Beaches, Bellies, and Layouts

I have been here with the youth from our church:
(I had to photoshop the heck out of that pic above because my camera lens was super foggy from the change in temp from the A/C in the room to the heat on the beach. Woops! However, the ocean WAS that green- it was super thick with seaweed. Uber gross.)

It was surprisingly relaxing. I felt a good bit of renewal. Lots of good bonding time. Lots of good Truth spoken to my heart.
Loved having time to reflect.
I asked one of the girls to take "maternity pictures" of me while we were at the beach. She went above and beyond my expectations. Of course I will be scrapping them- I have more than these!

By the way... she's only 13!!! (I hope she doesn't mind me posting this pic of her!)



****

I haven't done anything creative for over a week, and it's killing me. I caught up on laundry and stuff around here today so I can pull out the paper, scissors, and glue tonight. I can't wait.

Here's a few things that I did create two weekends ago that I haven't had a chance to share yet:

This is yet another layout I was able to get out of the Noel Mignon Penny Arcade kit. It amazes me how MUCH you can get out of one of Noel's kits.

I die cut a piece of the grungboard, then covered it with Stickles and used the pearl pin and stickers to make a butterfly.

This is a layout that I hadn't gotten around to posting yet from last month's Scripts kit. It's one of those that means a lot to me... I hope my kids can see my heart in it when they are older.
And this one is with the newest Scripts kit- look at all those bright summer colors!

Katie gave me the idea for the title... we were joking about those blanket/Snuggies things and I realized that's what my kids call it when they are snuggling. Hee hee.

It was fun coming up with these different elements in this cluster. I'm so punching more circles out of tickets, I love how it looks!
Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. Virginia, you look stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the belly shots - your photographer did an amazing job - helps that she had such a pretty subject! The layouts are great! Love your journaling on the mommy layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back in town! I had "email V" on my to-do list! Glad you had such a wonderful time! I LOOOOOOOVE those photos of you! Wow! They're gorgeous! And those LOs are WAY too precious! I just adore the "snugglies" especially! You're so so talented! Miss ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad you had a relaxing time and umm you need to tell her she needs to take up photography cause those pics are UH-MAZING!! you are the cutest pregnant person EVAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you are back!
    love the layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those layouts! You looks fab in your maternity pictures!!!

    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin