9.03.2012

Pinterest Recipe- I did it! Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup


I saw this recipe on Pinterest who knows how long ago, and tried it out several times... it is such a winner in our household, that I wanted to share it with you guys. 

(Occasionally you will stumble across a dud of a recipe on Pinterest, but you don't know until you've cooked it and wasted all that time... and who wants that?! Not me!)

The recipe I pinned was from here, and this is her adaptation: 

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 Tbs brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground allspice
*I added pumpkin spice instead of allspice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 Tbs vegetable oil
1 Tbs vinegar

Directions: 
In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. 
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

Cinnamon Syrup:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup water

Stir all ingredients together in a small saucepan. Over medium heat, stir occasionally until boiling. Let it boil for a few minutes while stirring until it thickens. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.



My only advice is DOUBLE the recipe! At least! Because this only yields 6 large pancakes or 12 small ones, and that will certainly not be enough. I promise!

Hope you enjoy this fall treat as much as we do!


1 comment:

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin