7.27.2012

A couple of happy cards from the West Coast kit!


We have been away on a little vacation, so my scrappy time has been a little inhibited lately, but I managed to squeeze in a couple of cards using the brand new West Coast kit (there's a couple left!) because I just couldn't wait to play with it! 

I went along with our design team inspiration theme this week- chevrons and arrows! Goodness, I love those elements! 

For this card, I cut out some chevron pattern from the woodgrain paper in the West Coast kit, and then used it as a template to add another layer of color using the minty blue paper. 

And how adorable is that little clothespin? And the banner stamps? I die. 


**************

This next little card is really simple, but I think it'll be a perfect card to brighten someone's day. I've had the idea for a while to incorporate photos into a card's design, and this little silly pic of my Sabby is perfect. 


I used the scraps from the previous card to make arrows out of the chevron design, and then layered a cute little arrow sticker on top. It's a subtle design element that puts all the focus on the photo! :)

I hope you enjoyed my cards today... I'll be back later tonight with a video with all the West Coast kitcontents! :)





1 comment:

  1. Virginia I love your cards! love chevron! love banners and arrows! It was very creative and super fun the way you use your photograph on the card! thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin