3.13.2009

Blogworthy- Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh how I wish I had taken a picture of these chocolate chip cookies, but alas, they were gobbled up before I thought to do it.

My friend Michelle first shared them with me- and I won't be using any other recipe ever again. They are TRULY the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever tasted.

And if the response from our community group was any testing ground, they're pretty dang good. ;)

Try 'em- you'll like 'em!

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate and semi-sweet)

1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C). Grease cookie sheets.

2. Mix together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.

3. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.

4. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time (for giant cookies) or a tablespoon at a time (for smaller cookies) onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

5. Bake larger cookies for 15 to 17 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for smaller ones (check your cookies before they’re done; depending on your scoop size, your baking time will vary) in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's SO unfair tempting me with chocolate chip cookies during Lent!! lol But I'm sure gonna save the recipe. Maybe we'll have them on Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Virge, are these the cookies that I had at your house that day?

    Please say yes, please say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just so happened to have just bought some Chocolate Chips.
    +
    I just so happen to NEED chocolate!
    =
    Done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound super yummy! I'll definitely have to give them a try. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin