11.12.2013

Autumn Owl Mixed Media Art


I've been in the mood- and really have needed- to just play. 

My husband made me these cool wooden canvasses a while back, and this teeny tiny one has been sitting on my desk, waiting for inspiration. My bedroom mantel needed a spot of something fun, so I went with a little owl... because I just love them and they make me happy. 


I decided to free-hand cut her. I could have used a Silhouette file but I really just wanted to play with the gorgeous papers myself. Plus, I like it when things are a little imperfect looking. 

I used all sorts of fun things from the Gather Together kit, including the polka dot stamp strip on the background. 


I think she's so cute, and she definitely brings a bright spot right where I wanted it! 


Make sure to swing by the facebook page to check out the AWESOME contest going on right now too! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin