7.09.2013

My crafty corner


This week, the design team at NoelMignon is sharing their creative spaces with you guys. Whether it is a spot on the dining room table, a corner in the playroom, or a dedicated craft space, we all have that comfy place that we go to create. And it's always fun to get inspiration from others on how to get in that creative zone! 

****************************************

My crafty area is a corner of our play room. It's just the right amount of space for me, and for our family. I love being able to spend time with my kiddos while I try to sneak in a little crafty time here and there. The big windows I'm next to allow me to watch them if they are playing in the backyard, and also let in lovely light to create by! 


I have lots of artwork displayed in our playroom, made by friends and family. It makes me feel connected to other creative types! 


As you can see, I pretty much use every little spot I can to store things. The cart from Ikea is a workhouse, holding all my favorite mists, tools, stamps, and other frequently used odds and ends. The small Thirty-One caddy on the floor next to it holds my most recent NoelMignon kits, handy for being able to rifle through. 


My desk quickly becomes cluttered, and I'm constantly trying to keep it tidy! I try to only keep my true essentials on the desk.... but somehow a few other things always sneak on there. ;) 



In the picture above and the one below, you can see that I love to utilize old napkin holders for storage and display. The one above (with the wrought iron curlies) is great for tucking in tiny notebooks and notes, and the one below is currently serving as a standing for my metal picture display. 


My stuffed-to-the-brim Ikea cart and Thirty-One storage caddy for NoelMignon kits:


This baker's rack has been with me for 14 years. It's been used for all sorts of things, but as a piece of craft furniture it works awesome! The shelves are nice and deep and sturdy for all my drawers and containers that hold my supplies. 


Inside the drawers, I keep embellishments - once I've gotten a NM kit whittled down, this is where the extra embellishments go. 


It's not the prettiest space in the world, but it sure does work for me! Thanks for stopping by! :) 



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your craft place! Really enjoyed looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great space and this is great timing... I finally started organizing all of my craft supplies into one area of my home. They've been scattered everywhere. Now my kitchen doubles as a craft room. But not on the kitchen table; I have a portable buffet table set up for my work area. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good at reworking the space

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Virginia,
    I love your little corner! I love that you get great light through the windows, that you can watch your children play, both inside and out, and that everything isn't matchy matchy. It looks very much like you (from my impressions of who you are!). You create such amazing art and layouts in your crafty corner!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin