5.24.2011

Grateful

I've been trying to cultivate some gratefulness in my heart.

It's so easy to be cynical and critical.

I'm looking forward to reading Ann's book, 1000 Gifts... it's on my reading list this summer. Just the bits I've been inspired by on her blog have been very good for my soul.

I've got a little app on my iPod touch that has been fun to record the things I'm grateful for each night. I actually downloaded it a little over a month ago; right before April 27th. The day our state was hit with so many tornadoes.

I made this simple book so that I had a more permanent place to keep my grateful thoughts in.
It's really simply made out of paper kraft bags and patterned papers & embellishments from several NoelMignon kits (especially Mary Ellen & Jump and Jive).
I also threw in some papers from a little Jenni Bowlin Studios notebook I've had for a long time.
And masking tape. Of course, masking tape. :)




I hope to fill it up very quickly with gratefulness...



5 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea! And LOVE the book you made to put down those thoughts in... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it
    i am so into mini albums just now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute book...and I'm hoping this post inspires me to get back to my Grateful Book..I poured TONS of energy (and time) into making mine and then abandoned it around March or so. Gonna pull it back out tonight!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey V, if you have a Kindle (or the Kindle app on your iPod touch) I can loan you 1000 Gifts if you don't have it already. Just let me know!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin