2.11.2010

Friday Faves

I've been wanting share these recent things that are making me happy!

1. Lecrae

(for those of you reading on google reader, etc., there's a video embedded in this post!)
I love his music for cleaning the house. I suspect he might be a little embarrassed if he knew that this lil' housewife with her four little kids are dancing around, cleaning the house to his music.

Then again, knowing what I know about his heart in his music- I think it just might make him laugh.

My friend Tammy Kay recommended this to me at the perfect time. Without sounding dramatic, it's really revolutionized the way I view, respond, and treat my husband. Even if you think, "Yeah, I already know what I need to know about my man," trust me. EVERYONE can learn something from this book. It's really spoken to my heart.

3. Google Buzz very cool. I like that I can follow my friends' lives right through gmail. Did you know that you can link your twitter to buzz?

4. This book and this one too!They are some of my new favorites! I read them both in just a few days, which is no small feat for me these days. Go get them, I promise you, you won't be sorry. They are most excellent.

I'll give you a brief synopsis (and this doesn't spoil anything):

This trilogy (third book to be released in August) takes place sometime in the future, in a desolate and re-structured America. There are 12 "districts" remaining, all centered around a main, controlling Capitol. The Capitol has absolute power, and in an effort to continue to remind and enforce it (and restrain any thoughts of revolution), they keep the districts under dire conditions, including poverty, harsh working conditions, lack of food, inability to communicate with other districts, and an annual "Hunger Games," which is similar to our reality show "Survivor," but with only one actual living survivor.

If you are thinking, "Meh sounds too ______ for me," then let me add one further piece of information. The main character is a young, fierce teenage girl who will do anything to protect her widowed mother and little sister... throw in a romantic triangle, and you've got all the fixin's for a great story!

5. Couponing.

Yep, I've started in on this craze too. I'm starting slow, but I would really like to get into a regular habit of doing it. Being a stay at home mom, I feel this is a way I can "contribute" to our budget, so to speak.

Last week I got over $50 worth of stuff at CVS for $16, and I knew I didn't do so great either; I made a mistake and I could've gotten it for less, but I know better next time! Not too shabby for a first timer. :)

Hope you have a fun Friday; we are going to go play in the snow! SNOW! IN ALABAMA! Woot woot!








2 comments:

  1. I have that "for women only" book. Very intresting. Makes you look at your husbands action differenlty. thanks for suggesting the other book going on my to-read list which is ever growing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i reserve the right to make fun of you if you go coupon-crazy (ifyouknowwhatimean)!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin