5.07.2008

Camera Tidbits

I clearly am all about my new camera... love it, love it, love it.

I wanted to share with y'all some of the helpful things I've found on the internets in my search for good info & tips on all things photography related.

To begin with, my husband pointed out this site to me, and it's been super helpful. I especially like his sections on How to Make Great Photos
and Recommended Cameras, (which, coincidentally, was one of the factors in why I got the Nikon D40 and a speedlight. Also, because I love my old Nikon SLR. Sorry, Adrienne, I'm a Nikon girl. Heheh)

Speaking of cameras, my husband also pointed out this nifty feature on Canon Point & Shoots today... basically, you can hack into your camera's software and make it a much better camera than it already is (such as shutter speed and exposure time). Check out his blurb on it here, and further info on it here. (via Shaun. There, are you happy? heh)

Photo editing tidbits:

I like the Big Huge Lab's photo mosaic maker, if you haven't heard of it by now.

Also a big fan of Shutterfly Studio. It's how I made my header on here. It's free, fast, and nifty.

This has always been my "go to" tutorial for scanning in a layout and then stitching it together in photoshop.

One of my all-time-faves, How to make digi photos look like Lomo photography. It's been posted on here multiple times, but I figure there might be *one* person out there who hasn't seen it yet. Heheh

Here's a similar one, but a wee bit different, for a more vintage effect.

The Top Best 55 Photoshop Tutorials... I haven't actually looked at this yet, but it's on my list of "to do" things for photography. You know, in all that free time I have.

9 Digital Camera Settings for every photographer to know (again, ditto above)

DIY Macro Photo studio (for less than $10)... this is like a little place to set up photo shoots for small stuff, like a card, or piece of jewelry, or whatev.

How to make a blinkie in Photoshop CS

(MUCH easier than I thought it would be!)

Some great brushes here and here. (Thanks, Katie!)

Some cool eye candy. (via Elsie)

So, here's what you need to do:

-leave me a link with some of your fave photography website or eye candy

-let me know if you'd be interested in a little "tips & tricks- ghetto style" to photoshop/photography/other photo related miscellany once a week

And I'll draw from the comments and send you a little somethin'-somethin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin