10.05.2010

Lily Bee Pumpkin Paper Piecing

I have a new post today on the Lily Bee Designs blog... and I'm going old school with this one. A paper piecing! Heck yes!

This layout started out with me just playing around with one of the die cuts from the new "Catching Fall" line. I cut off the petals from the flower looking one, but left a thin border of brown.

Then I cut two rough ovals from the coordinating orange paper, along with two curved strips. I inked the edges of all, and then adhered the ovals to the back of the round piece (slightly angled). The two strips went on top of the round piece, implying the ridges on a pumpkin.

The pumpkin is finished off with a couple of strips of paper tightly wound around a pencil and then adhered as vines, and a leaf & stem attached. The final touches are a couple of stick pins & a ticket from Maya Road (who were so generous with our team this month!).

(Supplies: Catching Fall line from Lily Bee Design; Stick Pins, Ticket, and Envelope flap from Maya Road; Cardstock from Core'dinations; Doily Trim from Basic Grey; Alpha stickers from Jillibean Soup.)

3 comments:

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin