3.24.2009

Daddy's Girl

With all this pretty spring weather we are having in the south, this kit was so fun to break into and reflect those same colors and feelings I'm seeing everywhere outside!
To make the jumbo scalloped circle, I traced a large circle (with a bowl as a template!) onto the yellow cardstock and cut it out, then adhered it onto the raindrop paper. Then I just cut around the edges with large scalloped scissors & inked the edges. A fun and quick element!

This layout came together really easily for me the other night... the creativity was flowing and these little Jillibean Soup flowers just leaped onto the layout!

I had a lot of fun adding these two little elephants from the Sassafrass paper to symbolize the relationship between Sabriel and her daddy.

Everything from the March Scripts kit except for the tiny brads!

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! Where did you find those awesome scallop scissors? I haven't seen a pair with the big scallops before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them at the Dollar Store, believe it or not! I think Fiskars has some too, but I haven't ever checked. I use them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute page, V! Love those little elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally thought the big scallop circle was accucut! V, you are so smart. Also, Sab with the piggies in the previous post--I die she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet page!!! And I love your porch! I have always wanted one.......*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, V! I'll have to start stalking my Dollar Tree now. =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin