8.01.2008

Where in the world...


(Supplies from the Picnic Basket kit, except for a piece of white cardstock that has been die cut.)

When Noel (from Noel Mignon) first told us about the Matt challenge, I was totally pumped.

I have watched this video LOADS of times now, and it took me a while to figure out which direction I wanted to go with my layout... I felt like there were so many ideas that you could take from this video.

You should watch the video even if you're not a scrapper- it makes me cry a little. It's got great music, too.

I used a scene in the video where Matt is in Argentina, and there is this gorgeous building behind him that is painted all these different, vivid colors. I loved the patchwork feel to it, and I felt like it supported my theme of the variety of places that life can take us.

My theme for the layout obviously is a jumping off point from the video to all the places and roles in life we can end up in... it ended up being a really meaningful layout for me.

Thanks for the challenge, Noel! I loved it!

**********

In other news, I was just awarded this by Michelle Lanning:
She said that my creations always remind her of home! How sweet is that! It's one of the best compliments I could receive. :)

So here's the dealio- I need to give it out to some peeps. Here's the rules:

Who gets the “Brilliante Webblog Award“?

Websites and blogs of your choice for their designs that are especially noteworthy.

1. The winner can take the logo

2. Place a link to the person that sent you the award

3. Give the Award to at least 7 other Scrapbooking-Blogs, which by its currency,the issues of choice and for their designs are especially noteworthy

4. Put a link to these sites on your Blog.

5. Write a comment on their Blogs that they’ve won an Award.

May I have the envelope please?

(Here are my choices):

1.GMac- because she is not only an inspiring scrapbooker, she is just one cool chick. And she likes Totino's pizzas. And she was a finalist for Scrapbooker of the Year. And because she is a Fashionista. And because everything this girl touches with scrapping turns to gold. ;)

2. Katie- because her work always has some sort of ingenuous detailing, like beading or lines of dots or sewing, and it makes you think, "Why didn't I think of that?!" and because her son and Emerson will probably end up married. ;) Oh and because how many weeks is she going to be in the top 10 at Scrapbooks etc.?? ;)

3. Deanna- because she is my scrappy hero- I mean, published on the first try?! Woohoo! Her designs are always so cleanly designed and yet have a lot of layering.

4. Jana- even though she's already received this award, I have to do it again because my lands... her work is freaking amazing. I always open up her layouts in a bigger image so I can take it all in. SO much detailing.

5. Lisa- because she's started up a very cool scrap exchange blog that y'all need to check out! And because she has been rocking the designs lately!

6. B- Because you can clearly see in her work how much she loves her family. This girl also rocks the ideas on scrapbooking- she knows anything about everything- this girl is in the KNOW about stuff!

7. Mandy- Because 1. Her blog is hilarious, 2. Her designs are very fresh and hip, 3. She's the real deal, 4. She has cool shoes.

I had to add an 8th one.. I mean- really. Why not.

8. Lucy- I mean, where do I begin? Because she puts fabric in the Scripts kits, because she has fabulous taste, because her layouts make me think of chic fashion, because she made a mini album out of a MM Noteworthy spiral bound notebook, because she didn't have a perm and a crocheted vest on the first time we met her, because she has so many cool ideas for Scrap Etc., and because she is a friend.

I love all you gals so much! Thank you for sharing your work!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, V!!! That layout ROCKS! The journaling is incredible!!! Can I just copy your page (journaling and all) and insert my kiddos pictures? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the layout!! The journaling is great. I've been thinking about this a lot lately - about Cole's options. There are just not as many as I hoped for years ago - before cancer. But I still know he'll be great. Now I want to capture these thoughts for him to read one day. I've stayed away from it just out of my own fear - but really? why? He'll have enough fears in his future, if he sees that I can get mine out on paper he'll see I was brave enough to talk about it - and he can be too - whatever his fears may be. Thanks Virginia - you don't know how much I needed to read that today!!

    And don't even get me started on a Brilliant Weblog award - I'm no where near it, not even in the same neighborhood, state, or heck continent!! but thank you just the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey V!
    Love your LO, it's so sweet. I am going to scraplift, but I will ToTaLlY give you credit :)
    Thinkin' about you and your family
    lots of sugar
    k

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know i was looking at your post about the movie that is coming out about twilight. the one with the entertainment weekly cover on it and i have to say that you are totally right. they have edward all wrong. maybe it's the look that he has but that isn't at all what i would have had him looking like. she describes him as so beautiful and that pic just doesn't do it for me. i'm not sure about bella either though. the girl is very pretty but i'm still uncertain. maybe it's just their expressions. i'm loving the book by the way though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a brilliant LO Virginia! One of the best ever! :) I'm so gald that you found that inspo from the video and thanks so much for passing on the lyrics to me! very moving!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you decided to leave me a comment today! Thanks for taking the time to stop by my little corner of the world. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin